The act of self-care has become a mainstream wellness modality right in line with meditation and yoga. It's the simple (yes simple) act of doing something for yourself. When we think of slowing down and checking in with ourselves we are often interrupted by disrespectful self chatter like 'Get in line, other people need you!' or 'Are you crazy! You don't have time for self-care.' I hear you. Loud and clear and I want you to know that I understand.
Practicing how to be more caring for YOURSELF is synonymous with practicing diaphragmatic breathing. It's necessary and in many cases you can do it without anyone knowing that you are actually taking a selfish moment for yourself. YES! I said it... be selfish. Some days it might be reading for 10 minutes in an empty parking lot and others it might be planning a spa day. Maybe it's just as simple as telling yourself that you are proud of yourself for making it this far. Below is a gentle starting place for self-care. The terminology is simple but validating, stabilizing and gives you permission to make time for yourself.
- Sit comfortably
- Place your hands on your lap (If you're at a desk, rest them lightly on your keyboard if you're trying to be extra stealth)
- Breathe in slowly through your nose, filling your diaphragm so it pushes your stomach out. Be careful not to raise your shoulders. Exhale slowly through pursed lips feeling your stomach retreat as it empties.
- Repeat a self care mantra while you breathe - I am strong. I am proud. For this moment of peace, the universe will allow.
The reality is, the universe will make time for you to rest if you deem it valuable and you consider yourself the worthy recipient. This gift box was designed to help support your self-care moments. Also included in the box are 4 self-care cards with tips, quotes, and gentle reminders. The back of the cards have been intentionally left blank for you to write messages to yourself or a loved one.
Gift Box includes:
- Weighted Eye Pillow
- CBD-TEA | Lavender + Mint
- Lavender + Neroli Body and Face Serum
- Four inspiring SELF CARE note cards